Thursday, February 17, 2011

Animation

A few years back I had an internship at an animation studio, Bent Image Lab. While there, I mostly did office work. They focused heavily on claymation as well as other textile forms of animation. Although they do computer animation I never became familiar with the software or process they used. After reading the chapters, especially  from Digital Foundations I am even more curious and interested in the animation process. I'm still pretty unclear as to the process but I look forward to experimenting with animation in the future.


The Jonathan Harris video on TED was truly inspirational. I had never heard of WeFeelFine.org before but now I am obsessed with it. Being able to see how the world is feeling on both a global as well as deeply personal level is quite extraordinary. Furthermore, the layout of this site is a lot of fun with the colors, animation and interactive nature. An example of some of the quotes you'll find are:


I walked away, I was feeling dirty and humiliated.
--A female in South Carlonia

I'm feeling quite content.
-Anonomous

I am over the hill 25 and am feeling kind of old physically.
-A female in the United States

Linked are the blogs that these quotes lead to.

I love that the infinite possibilities of the internet paired with software such as Flash and Photoshop allow imaginative people to create sites such as WeFeelFine. The internet never ceases to amaze me, but more often than not it is the creative minds behind the project that are truly extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment