Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Ins and Outs of Photoshop

Since starting this class I have come to realize that Photoshop is an amazing tool for artists. However, for a Photoshop beginner it can be very overwhelming. I find that I have creative ideas and no clue how to implement them. Furthermore, the ideas I have are difficult to translate into Photoshop being as I currently have rudimentary  Photoshop skills.

What struck me about the readings was the focus and emphasis on color and the role color plays in image. When I think of the color red a standard shade of red pops up. However, after looking at examples, the shade of red may appear differently if it is next to an orange versus a green. This never really struck me until I read the chapter on color and saw examples of it.

Additionally, while reading the various books helps me get a good idea what Photoshop is capable of, it is difficult for me to really comprehend it through reading. I find that if I go to YouTube and look up Photoshop tutorials that I am able to grasp the ideas better. Here is one such video I found to be helpful:

No comments:

Post a Comment