Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Places: Warner Bros Lot. Need I Say More?

As you could tell by the absence of my post last Wednesday, I've been on vacation. More specifically, I've been on vacation in LA! You may know by now that I want a career in film production, so when I visited my cousin who works at Warner Bros it was an amazing experience to say the least. So, here are some reasons why the next time you're in Southern California you should make time to visit the Warner Bros. Lot.

Warner Bros. Lot




First, I'd like to preface this blog by saying, unfortunately I don't have any of my own pictures to post. When you're on the lot, although it's amazing, pictures just wouldn't do it justice, and when you're in the museum you aren't allowed to take pictures anyway. Trust me, I wish I had my own pictures, but we'll just have to make due with what I find on the Internet.

As previously stated, my cousin works for Warner Bros. so fortunately for me I didn't have to pay to get in and take the tour. This also meant that we could freely walk around and investigate things we saw on our own time and at our own pace. However, my cousin did say that paying for the tour is worth it and the tour guides are incredibly knowledgeable.

Town Square in Gilmore Girls
Since we got to the Lot a little after lunch time, and after being stuck in the perpetual LA traffic, we were very hungry. My cousin gave us the option of eating at the Commissary or this little outdoor cafe. When we asked her which she preferred, she  informed us that the Commissary has more options but that the cafe is where the stars go to pick up a quick bite. Clearly after hearing this we went to the outdoor cafe! The cafe is located on the other side of the town square which played a fundamental role in the show Gilmore Girls. Gilmore Girls was my favorite show when I was in middle school and high school so it was incredible to be walking through the set. Right next to the town square stand houses featured in the hit show Friends! If you're aren't an avid fan, you may be wondering where the houses come into play since the cast all lived in New York apartments. The two houses that played important roles in the show were Monica and Ross' parent's house, as well as the house that Monica and Chandler move into at the end of the series.

Anyway, although we didn't see anyone famous at the cafe, I did have the best taco of my life!

Warner Bros. Back Lot

When you're walking through the lot it's a surreal feeling. It looks and feels like a city, but everything is fake. Walking down the street you keep thinking that busy city traffic is going to appear to run you over, but then you remember that there is no traffic because this isn't a real street and this isn't an actual city. Very surreal.

In addition to the pure grandeur of the Lot, the people that work there are phenomenal as well. Everyone is working hard, and it's clear that everyone loves what they do. (Although like any company, I'm sure there is at least one disgruntled employee haha.)

Since we went during the summer, unfortunately most shows were on hiatus and it was an off time for movie making so there really wasn't too much going on. If I were to go again (and hopefully I will!) then I'd probably go in the fall when everything is starting up again. Either way though, it's an amazing place to visit. If you're ever in the LA area be sure to make this a stop on your list. You won't regret it!

Song of the week: Nero-Guilt

No comments:

Post a Comment